Round, square or rectangular shaped liners can be made to any size. These are made to customers specifications for leaking cement, brick, zinc, welded mesh or steel framed reservoirs using one of the following UV stabilized reinforced PVC liners:
• 420 micron – Entry level liner, suitable for irrigation, aquaponics and live stock dams.
• 570 micron – Suitable for irrigation, aquaponics, aqua culture (fish farming) and live stock dams.
• 620 micron – Potable water liner (Suitable for human consumption).
• 650 micron – Tough liner ideal for fish farming, swimming pools, irrigation dams.
• 800 micron – Recycled material, tough liner, best value for money, all applications.
A UV shield is recommended when a reservoir cover is not being used. A 320micron PVC mesh (net) is a specialized reinforced PVC mesh that is welded into place on the dams walls to protect the liner from extended UV damage, it covers the section of the liner that folds over the outside of the wall, the section on top of the wall and approximately the first 70cm inside the dam.
This is especially useful on irrigation dams where the water levels are continually fluctuating, leaving the walls of the dam exposed to the suns UV rays on a daily basis or for an extended period of time.
This is a cost effective way to prolong even the thickest dam liners life span.
All reservoirs can be fitted with either a 280g PVC mesh or 550g reinforced PVC solid cover. By adding a reservoir cover one reduces/ eliminates harmful UV rays prolonging the life span of the liner, preventing debris entering the water, reduces evaporation and in case of the solid 550g cover will prevent algae growth in the water including all the benefits mentioned above.
All our reservoir linings are a simple DIY installation, easy as putting a plastic bag into a dustbin. Full installation instructions with diagrams come with the liner including everything required to complete the installation i.e. Outlet fitting, strap to hold liner in place etc.
Factory installations can be arranged at a fee.